As Chair of the ACT Legislative Assembly's Standing Committee on Environment, Climate Change and Biodiversity, I was pleased to lead the Inquiry into matters relating to renewable energy innovation in the ACT. The Inquiry had particular reference to:
- opportunities and challenges to boost renewable energy research, technology development and new zero emissions industries in the ACT;
- opportunities and challenges to establish the ACT as a national hub for renewable energy technologies and industries including zero emissions vehicles;
- opportunities and challenges to innovatively finance and/or manage renewable energy in the ACT;
- strategies to address limitations to collaboration and innovation between renewable energy stakeholders;
- the effectiveness of administration and funding of Australian Capital Territory Government policy and regulatory settings relating to renewable energy, climate action and emissions reduction;
- opportunities and challenges in battery storage including neighbourhood-scale batteries and vehicle-to-grid technologies; and
- any other relevant matters.
- Canberra Times, 2 March 2021, 'New inquiry to examine ACT renewable energy sector'